Hubbardton Forge, Castleton, Vermont
2019 – Present
Vermont's premier luxury lighting manufacturer. With one of the country’s oldest and largest continuously-operating commercial forges, artisans handcraft each product to order.
Digital Media Specialist
- Create image, video, and motion graphic elements for website and social media.
- Assist with product photography (grip).
- Video production for showroom multi-screen video walls.
- Automated marketing management using HubSpot and Mautic.
Advance Music Center, Burlington, Vermont
2010 – 2017
Vermont's largest music store, Advance Music Center is a musical instrument retailer serving Vermont and upstate New York for more than 30 years.
- Eliminated pre-existing network problems with a complete re-design of the network infrastructure.
- Complete network rewire of the building and removal of all old wire.
- Moved mission-critical POS systems to a robust server environment with redundancies.
- Responsible for all computer and networking hardware selection and purchasing.
- Created a new responsive website using a modern CMS to allow employees to update content with no knowledge of HTML.
- Created a responsive e-commerce site to allow sales online.
Marketing and Graphic Design
- Created all marketing materials for print, web, and video.
- Social Media Management.
- Complete rebranding of Advance Music to better reflect their 30+ years as a Vermont staple.
- Set up various social media channels to better connect with Advance Music customers.
- Greatly expanded email marketing campaign.
- Created consumer surveys and analyzed resulting data.
Advance System Design, Burlington, Vermont
2012 – 2016
A technology systems integration firm specializing in audio, video, and presentation systems for a wide variety of market segments.
- Performed the installation, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial AV systems.
- Pre and Post Construction Wiring
- Install equipment as per wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Rack Assembly.
- Mounting of projectors, flat screens, projection screens, and speakers.
- Terminating by soldering and mechanical means.
- DSP programming.
- Equipment Includes codecs, DSPs, switchers, audio mixers, control panels, various types of microphones, Cameras, DVD/VCR/streaming players, and smartboards.
- Brands Include Crestron, Extron, Symetrix, Polycom, Smart, Kramer, and Biamp.
- Performed audio, video, and control testing, and system tuning.
- Trained customers to ensure they were comfortable operating their A/V systems and understood how to operate them.
- Experience working in a variety of settings including Corporate, Healthcare, Education, House of Worship, Performance and Theater, and Sports Facilities.
- BrightSign digital signage set-up and content development.
- Knowledge of 70 volt and 8 ohm systems.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Experience in classroom technologies in elementary, high school, and higher education settings.
- Polycom Certified.
Jane Peterer Music Corporation (JPMC), Burlington, Vermont
2001 – 2009
Jane Peterer Music Corporation is a music publisher and administrator of several active catalogs. JPMC Books Inc. is a print music publisher as well as a wholesale distributor for European Music Publishers in the Americas.
- Improved existing company-wide network through re-design, maintenance, and support of a multi-platform, multi-location infrastructure.
- Improved overall network security by expanding protection at all locations to include hardware firewalls and virus protection, and by removing all unnecessary software and services from servers and desktop computers.
- Computer hardware selection and purchasing.
- Provided secure remote access to several internal applications.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained all company websites.
- Implemented an online e-commerce solution using InterChange with customized features.
- Implemented Joomla CMS on two company websites to allow employees to update content with no knowledge of HTML.
- Created strategies for future online initiatives to support long-term business goals.
- Memorized large portions of Bridgeport Music's catalog of songs; evaluated recent recordings for possible copyright infringements.
- Upon identifying an infringement, created detailed audio analyses and written reports illustrating how the infringed composition was used in the new composition.
- Worked closely with our legal counsel as an Audio Expert throughout litigations surrounding identified infringements.
- Provided expert testimony on behalf of Bridgeport Music in several high-profile copyright infringement cases.
Audio Transfer & Restoration
- Transferred to digital, restored, archived, and re-mastered aging analog tapes from the PICK Records catalog.
- Identified if analog tape formula was prone to “sticky shed” and baked if necessary.
- Performed calibration of analog tape machine and noise reduction units for each tape as required.
- Re-mastered and created duplication-ready CD layout with complete ISRC subcode information.
Marketing and Graphic Design
- Created and managed brand identity for several divisions within the company including all design work.
- Set marketing strategy and objectives, developed communications material, and tracked campaign effectiveness.
- Created and maintained a database of existing and potential customers for marketing initiatives.
- CD packaging design and layout.
- Design and layout for sheet music titles including some additions and corrections to the original engravings.
- Photograph scenes, artist portraits and candids, and other elements for use in CD packaging, sheet music, the Internet, and promotional materials.
- Designed brochures, postcards, and other promotional mail pieces.
- Compiled and managed address databases by location and industry.
- Used CASS-Certified software to verify and correct addresses and create presorted, bar-coded postage labels.
Wholesale and Retail Sales
- Managed wholesale and online retail sales.
- Inventory management, ordering and importing of sheet music, music books, and recordings.
- Tracked sales data and generated reports.
- Evaluated and redesigned the entire internal process for managing sales and inventory control.
- Trained employees in order processing.
- Provided customer support.
Studio Lighting Instructor
DesignHaus, Burlington, Vermont
DesignHaus is a photo studio, classroom, and performance space with an emphasis on art and photography instruction.
- Created curriculum and all associated materials for "Intro to Studio Lighting" class.
- Teaching methods blended lecture and hands-on learning.
- Topics included studio lighting equipment and light modifiers, set-up and measurement of studio lighting, high and low key lighting, and simple, effective lighting techniques for portrait photography.
InterVision Ltd., Burlington, Vermont
1997 - 2001
InterVision Ltd. specializes in internet business services development and online marketing. Digital Coal, an Application Service Provider division of InterVision Ltd. was added in 1999 to provide a suite of scalable online publishing and productivity tools that required no programming knowledge. Clients include Blodgett, New England Culinary Institute, Magic Chef, Basin Harbor Club, Bombardier Capital, and State of Vermont Travel & Tourism.
- Ensured that the vision and goals of clients were carried through from the initial concept to the final product while ensuring that the clients' pre-existing marketing strategies were consistent with in-line initiatives.
- Oversaw all aspects of the planning, information architecture, design process, scheduling, and production from project inception to completion.
- SEO; created/managed banner ad placements.
- Produced, edited, encoded, and integrated audio, video, and multimedia elements.
- Product testing, interface design, and marketing (Digital Coal).
- Developed complex PowerPoint presentations for new business development.
In addition to my duties as Senior Producer:
- Linux server administration and Windows 95/98/NT and Macintosh desktop support for 20-30 users.
- Network planning and implementation for an additional company location.
- CVS administration and support for the development team.
- Telecommunications hardware installation and maintenance.
- Developed design concepts; ensured successful presentation of concepts for end-user.
- Photo and Art Editing.
- Ensure brand consistency.
- Account management.
- Oversaw production.
WebSense.net & UTC, Williston, Vermont
1996 - 1997
WebSense, an ISP and web hosting provider, as well as UTC-supplying network and telecommunications design services, are divisions of SPI MicroElectronics Inc.
- Created graphics, animation, audio, and other multimedia elements for delivery over the Internet.
- Graphic design and layout for marketing and promotional materials.
- Develop PowerPoint presentions with audio and video for use as digital signage.
- Development, design, and creation of user interface and online help system for Internet Gateway and Firewall product.
- Assisted with telecommunications hardware installation and programming.
- Physical network cabling installation and testing at several company locations.
- Computer training classroom design and implementation.
- Provided multi-platform technical support for Dial-up Internet access customers.
- Created technical documents, user manuals, HTML help files, and other customer support documents.
Freelance Video Production & Motion Graphics
2009 - present
- Provide full-service video production.
- Lighting / grip / electrical
- Motion graphics & animation
- Post-production editing, graphic design, sound design, mixing, original music compositions, Multi-Format deliverables.
Clients include Lincoln Community School, IPJ Realty, Darkroom Gallery, and Zeno Mountain Farm.
1999 - present
- Offer expertise with Large format view cameras 4x5, Medium format cameras, 35mm, and digital equipment.
- Provide studio and location lighting equipment set-ups with an emphasis on creative lighting techniques.
- Provide special effects and multiple imageries using conventional and electronic manipulation techniques.
- Electronic retouching using Photoshop.
- Private & Group Photo Instruction.
Clients include Jeh Kulu, Burlington Free Press, Amadis, A Little Lingerie Company, The Green Closet, Spielpalast Cabaret, Craig Maravich, Pilar Netzel Metal Arts, D-Shot, 2nd Agenda, and Roku.
Freelance Multimedia Designer
1994 - present
Supply a wide range of services such as Video Production and Editing, Musical Composition, Motion Graphics, 2D & 3D Computer Animation, Sound Design, Photo Manipulation, and Compositing, Bulk Image Processing and Print Design
Clients include Darkroom Gallery, Lane Press, St. Albans Historical Museum, Green Mountain Online Marketing, Sentient Software, and Gleason Brothers Industries.
Freelance Audio Engineer
1981 - present
- Live-sound FOH support for various local, regional, and national touring artists including Johnny Paycheck and Hank Thompson throughout the New England area.
- Provide services including MIDI/audio consulting, synthesizer, and signal processor programming, sound design, producer, and recording/mix engineering.
- Analog-to-digital transfer and restoration.
Maintain a fully equipped recording studio to produce album-length recordings.
PC, Mac, & Linux platforms